Pet Passport Basics

You will need a pet passport if your cat or dog is travelling around the EU.

You can obtain a pet passport from most vets and consists of a microchip and rabies vaccine – you can also arrange a rabies blood tests to complete a full pet passport.

A pet passport will log your pets rabies vaccine history as well as the annual routine cat/dog vaccines.

You’ll need to take your pet, its identity and vaccination records and any rabies blood test results (if you have them) when you get a pet passport.

Before your travel, check that the passport has the below fully completed to avoid any issues when travelling…

·       Ownership details completed and signed

·       Description of animal

·       Identification/date of microchipping

·       Rabies vaccines batch and expire details, ensure the vaccine was completed as per manufactures guidelines and has not expired

·       Rabies blood test results if done

·       Vets issuing details

·       Parasite treatments

You can always send copies of the passport in advance to the destination for pre-checking

Freel free to get in contact if you would like to discuss options

contact gofetch pet transport